Saturday, February 20, 2016

A10's Day 1 (Saturday)

Shakeout:
1 mile in Boost3

Ran around 1:45 with Adam around the hotel area. Felt kinda crappy so it was a good sign.

Race:
9 miles total
6 in Boost3

Ran the 5k at 5:45. Got 4th place scoring 5 points for the team. Time was 14:54, first time under 15. Adam unfortunately fell off and didn't score points.

Race was tactically annoying, full of random small surges and and slow downs. First 3k was like that so I did my best to stay in it. Tried to make some people hurt without killing myself in the process, pushed up to the front occasionally to confuse people, then let them pass by for a while. 3k in was the hard move, 4 guys in front started cooking. I stayed close til just before 1k out, then they surged harder again and dropped me. 4 guys went ahead and spread out the rest of us. The St. Louis freshmen fell off the front pack but I couldn't get to him. At some point I passed one of the other front group guys unknowingly. Got passed by UMASS guy on the last lap but beat him to the finish. Thought I got fifth but because the guy from front group fell off I ended up with 4th. Never been so close to passing out after a race, very hard race. So happy about how it went though. Couldn't have done any better than I did. God really pushed me through this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment